Temporary Temporary Program Coordinator
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Temporary Program Coordinator Position , Envision EMI
(Contracts generally run April-August)
The Program Coordinator is responsible for planning and implementing programs for the Education Department. Program Coordinators are responsible for supervising the on-site events and staff members of the programs.
Envision EMI is the world’s largest creator of leadership development and life success programs for high-achieving young people. Envision’s programs focus on experiential education in which participants learn by doing. Through our programs, scholars develop the skills and resources they need to achieve their full leadership potential and to succeed in an ever-evolving world. Envision EMI is a nonpartisan, taxpaying educational organization based in Vienna, Virginia. With programs running across the country and internationally, Envision educates, inspires and motivates over 50,000 scholars a year.
• Hire, train, manage and coach a team of staff, typically including but not limited to faculty advisors and/or operations team members
• Conduct daily staff meetings
• Conduct program observations and evaluations of program staff
• Foster and maintain positive relationships with all program vendors, including housing sites, speaking venues, speakers, etc.
• Adhere to contractual obligations and deadlines set with vendors
• Adhere to financial policies, track program expenditures and reconcile petty cash
• Ensure the program schedule is implemented as designed
• Ensure a safe and enriching experience for all scholars
• Serve on call 24 hours during designated program sessions
• Handle all parent, scholar, staff concerns in a timely and appropriate manner
• Maintain communication within the program team and the education department
• Demonstrate sound decision making and problem solving skills
• Ensure that all policies and procedures are implemented
• Demonstrate professional flexibility to adjust to shifting business needs
• Make customer-focused decisions
• Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree
• Must be 21 years or older
• Strong communication skills
• Detail oriented with ability to prioritize and work on various projects simultaneously
• Able to work extended days and hours as dictated by program needs
• Reside at conference site during designated program sessions
• Hold valid driver’s license with good driving background
• Computer proficiency in a Windows based environment
• Six months of managerial, event planning or experiential education preferred
Envision EMI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply
Please apply online at www.envisionemi.com or to go directly to the employment page visit: http://sj.tbe.taleo.net/SJ1/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=ENVISIONEMI&cws=1&rid=17
824 total views, 1 today