Part-Time Peace Corps STRAT Recruiter
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The mission of University of Arizona’s Peace Corps Recruiting Office is to promote Peace Corps to University of Arizona students and the greater Tucson/Southern Arizona area. Peace Corps Volunteers serve in one of 76 countries in the broad areas of education, health, environment, agriculture, business, or community/youth development. Currently, the University of Arizona ranks in the top 15 for volunteer-producing universities with 71 current alumni serving in the Peace Corps.
University of Arizona Peace Corps Recruiting Office is seeking a University of Arizona Graduate student and former Peace Corps volunteer to fill the Peace Corps STRAT position The University of Arizona Peace Corps Representative Position is a half – time Graduate Assistantship Position (20 hours/week) within the University of Arizona, under the supervision of Dr. Kevin Fitzsimmons, Associate Director International Programs, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences. The Peace Corps recruiter position includes an out-of-state tuition waiver, university student health insurance, and a half – time Graduate Assistantship stipend. The position requires a two-year commitment, including summer months.
- Coordinate, design, and implement recruiting activities to increase awareness about Peace Corps programs to the University of Arizona campus, Tucson, and neighboring communities. The domain of the STRAT is Southern Arizona.
- Distribute brochures, posters, visual aids, and other Peace Corps recruitment materials to individuals, groups, associations, faculty, etc.
- Establish collaborative relationships with campus departments as well as maintain personal contact on campus and in the surrounding communities (especially with Career Services and PC Fellows).
- Prepare and give Peace Corps presentations, classroom talks, attend career fairs, conduct tabling and hold weekly office hours.
- Evaluate applications and conduct personal interviews.
- Nominate applicants for Peace Corps service.
- Answer emails and phone calls from interested applicants.
- Interact and conduct activities with Desert Doves RPCV group and PC Fellows.
- Process files and submit to the Los Angeles Regional Office (LARO).
- Submit monthly, quarterly, and yearly reports to the LARO.
- Submit yearly strategic plans and calendars of events to take place during the year to LARO.
- Continue the development of the Southern Arizona Peace Corps office.
- Successful completion of two year assignment in the Peace Corps.
- Full – time graduate student (preferably someone who will start their study in August 2012).
- Experience recruiting or experience with other similar job duties (i.e. marketing).
- Independent thinker and worker (must be able to work with little guidance from the UA supervisor).
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Organized and responsible.
- Friendly and self-motivated.
- Technologically sophisticated to maintain social networking pages, blogs, etc.
How to Apply
To apply, please email the following documents to Aaron Hoholik at [email protected] or mail to 1303 E University Blvd. #411J, Tucson, AZ 85721
Letter of interest.
Resume or CV
** Note: Top candidates will be asked to produce examples of their social media adeptness.
1054 total views, 1 today