Full-Time Comprehensive Campaign Organizer in Portland
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Comprehensive Campaign Organizer
SEIU 503 is an organization of more than 50,000 Oregonians who, by joining together, are achieving what we cannot accomplish alone. By standing together, we have a voice in our contracts and our daily work lives. SEIU 503 members do more than 500 different jobs in 85 state, local government and non-profit agencies and care facilities. The services we provide include helping blind people get access to education, testing new drivers, collecting tax revenue, helping veterans, assisting at-risk youth, staffing our state universities, repairing bridges, maintaining Oregon’s parks, and caring for the disabled, the elderly, and low-income children — just to name a few.
The work we do touches the lives of every single Oregonian. We are proud to stand together for the quality services we provide for our communities and families.
About the position:
SEIU 503 seeks a comprehensive campaign organizer with experience in strategic campaigns. The campaigner will identify and develop strategies to strengthen the union’s position in organizing and bargaining campaigns. Duties would include, for example, policy analysis, research on individuals and organizations, development of external coalition partners in support of our strategies.
Position Location: Portland Oregon
Position Title: Comprehensive Campaign Organizer
This is an 18-month limited duration position. Limited duration staff members have options to bid on open positions at the end of their appointment.
The comprehensive campaigner will work with the program teams of the Union to identify, develop, and implement corporate, legal, legislative, and regulatory strategies to advance organizing and bargaining campaigns.
- Track political and industrial trends, doing employer or company profiles, as well as personal investigative research.
- Identify potential leverage points for union campaigns.
- Conduct research on employers and industries in support of union campaigns, including financial and economic analysis.
- Provide analysis of budgets, policy issues, and market conditions.
- Prepare reports and deliver public presentations about research findings.
- Participate in external coalition activities.
- Assist in preparation of materials for internal and external audiences.
- Strong commitment to progressive social change and activist experience.
- Proven ability to utilize information from and about workers, employers, economic/financial research on company or industry to inform and develop campaign strategies.
- Strong research & quantitative skills.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and a variety of computer-based research tools.
- Excellent writing and communications skills.
- Familiarity with basics of accounting and financial analysis.
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines and in a team environment.
- Readiness to work long, irregular hours.
- Must have car and insurance. Car allowance provided.
How to Apply
To Apply Go To: http://bit.ly/MhxHG0
Application Instructions: Copy your cover letter and resume into one word document and upload it in the Upload Resume field at the above bit.ly link.
646 total views, 1 today