Full-Time Community Organizer in Boston – FT or PT
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Job: COMMUNITY ORGANIZERS
Job Location: Boston MA
Term: These positions run until the end of 2012. P/T positions are available for more experienced organizers. F/T positions are available for entry level organizers.
Join the MassUniting Campaign. Be part of the Fight to Build One Massachusetts that Works for all
MASSUNITING is a Boston-based grassroots coalition of neighbors, community groups, faith organizations and labor united in the fight for good jobs, corporate accountability and strong communities. Through aggressive organizing campaigns that combine media outreach, strategic research and in-the-streets action, we’re exposing the worst abuses of corporations and the 1% – helping Massachusetts citizens fight back at the local, state and national levels.
MASSUNITING seeks part and full-time community organizers to join in a host of grassroots organizing efforts — from increasing the minimum wage to stopping tax breaks for companies that ship our jobs overseas. We’re looking for aggressive self-starters who are serious about making a difference in neighborhoods throughout Massachusetts.
Apply now to help lead the fight for an economy work for everyone, not just for the rich and powerful.
Job Qualifications / Expectations
- 1-3 years of prior labor, political or community organizing experience desired
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Possession of excellent listening skills and ability to comprehend the concerns of others
- Have ability to work independently and carry out work plans
- Have ability and experience to conduct team meetings, trainings and debriefs
- Ability to motivate and mobilize others
- Have ability to organize and facilitate meetings
- Work long, irregular hours, including weekends
- Must have a reliable car and valid driver’s license
- Bilingual Spanish/English a plus
Competitive pay and car allowance.
MassUniting is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply
To Apply Go To: http://bit.ly/Mx1g5c
Copy your cover letter and resume into one word document and upload it into the Upload Resume field at the Apply link .
656 total views, 1 today